- 1 lb baby asparagus
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Trim asparagus, and cut into 1-inch pieces. In Sauce Pan, combine asparagus, water and salt. Simmer until tender, about 10-13 minutes.
2. In Mixing Bowl, combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard and garlic. Gradually add olive oil and pepper.
3. Drain asparagus and let cool. Once cooled, gently toss with half of dressing until well coated. In separate Mixing Bowl, toss remaining dressing with mushrooms and basil.
4. Sprinkle mushroom mixture over asparagus and season with salt. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.