- 2 beets
- 2 yellow beets
- 1 orange
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Demarle at Home Meyer Lemon Oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Using a mandoline or peeler, thinly slice the beets.
2. Grate the zest of the orange and set the zest aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a thin slice off both ends of the orange, then cut away the peel and pith. Cut on either side of each segment to free it from the membrane.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, lemon oil (optional), and salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large bowl, toss the beets with a third of the vinaigrette and divide among 4 to 6 plates. Top with the orange segments and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.