- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt, to taste
- 9 slices thick, hearty bread - buttered on one side
- 1 tablespoon Blood Orange Olive Oil Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 orange, zested
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place oven rack in center position. Place Large Silpat® on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
2. Beat eggs and mix in half & half and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Quickly dip each slice of bread into egg mixture, flip to dredge opposite side and then arrange onto Silpat® with buttered side down. Bake for 7 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
3. Combine Blood Orange Oil and almond extract in Sauté Pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve with French Toast
Note: Double the recipe to make two full trays, eat the first and freeze the second. After cooled to room temperature place leftovers in marked freezer bag for easy breakfasts on the go. To re-heat simply pop frozen slices in toaster or microwave for 30-45 seconds.