- 2 cups finely shredded and drained zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Demarle at Home Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Blend
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place Molds of choice on your perforated baking sheet. I used my Fluted Bundt Mold, Small Round Mold and Mini Cake Mold. Grate a large zucchini (or two small zucchini) and place in your large round mold. Squeeze until most of the liquid comes out. You will want to have 2 total cups of shredded zucchini after it has been drained. Set aside.
2. In Demarle at Home Mixing Bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together the eggs, oils, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Slowly add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
3. Bake 35-40 minutes (time depends on size of the mold, the mini cake mold will be done first) in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool completely before unmolding and stacking if you choose.
4. Lemon Buttercream: Combine butter, sugar and salt and beat till well combined. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue to beat for another 3 to 5 minute or until creamy. Fold in zest. I recommend using your Demarle at Home Pastry Bag and Tips to achieve the same look I did with the pictured cake. Cake recipe adapted from allrecipes.com and frosting recipe from food.com