- 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the fridge
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely grated gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place your Large Silpat on your Large Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on Roul'pat until its 10 by 12 inches. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush the surface of the pastry. Sprinkle each sheet evenly with 1/4 cup of the parmesan, 1/2 cup of the gruyere, 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and some pepper. With the rolling pin, lightly press the flavorings into the puff pastry. Cut each sheet crosswise with a floured Cake Server Knife into 11 or 12 strips. Twist each strip and lay on your Silpat and Perforated Baking Sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and puffed. Turn each straw and bake for another 2 minutes. Don't overbake or the cheese will burn. Cool and serve at room temperature.