- 12-16 oz dry Ziti or Penne pasta
- 1 14.5 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Basil Olive Oil Blend
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese (or can substitute monterey jack)
- 3/4 teaspoon Sel Gris Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place the Grande Round Mold or the Large Round Mold (Both are 3 qt. capacity) on the perforated Baking Sheet. Cook pasta according to directions; drain and pour into the Flexipan. Stir in tomatoes. Preheat oven to 415' .
2. Meanwhile, in the Demarle Difference Large Flared Saute pan cook onion and garlic in DAH Sweet Basil Olive Oil over medium heat just until tender. Stir in wine or stock; cook about 3 mins or until liquid is reduced by half. Add whipping cream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered for about 5 mins or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in all three cheeses salt, pepper and pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture. Cover the Grande Flexipan with the Square Silpat or if using the Large round Mold, cover with the Octagonal Silpat and bake for 35-40 minutes; string once half way through.
4. Using the DAH Kitchen Scissors, snip the Fresh parsley over top of pasta. Serve with a green salad drizzled or spritzed with a combination of DAH Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and the Sweet Basil Olive Oil ( did I say Healthy Spritzer?), Bolivian Rose Salt and a smidgen of pepper and of course...fresh bread! By Michelene