- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey, OR ¼ cup honey and ¼ cup agave nectar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup dried fruit (if using large fruit, chop into small pieces) - we like dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place Deep Flexiflat on a perforated baking sheet. Add the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds and almonds in the Deep Flexiflat. Toast in the oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes so that they don't get burned. *Previously toasted wheat germ, seeds, and/or nuts do not need to be toasted again.
2. Put the brown sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, and salt into Large Round Mold. Microwave in 1-minute intervals (total of 3 minutes) stirring well after each minute. Using the microwave plate as a support, remove sugar mixture from microwave, and add toasted oat mixture and dried fruit.
3. Using the Heat Resistant Spatula, stir the mixture well and then pour the mixture back into the Deep Flexiflat. Use the spatula to press the mixture firmly so it is compact. Let cool completely (1-2 hours or can be placed in the fridge to cool), and then use the Cake Server Knife to cut into bars. Place in snack-size baggies, wrap in plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container. Makes 16 traditional sized bars.