- Cake: 1-3/4 C all purpose flour, 2 C sugar, 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder + 3-5 small squares of bittersweet dark chocolate bar, melted, 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda and baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 2 eggs, 1 C milk, 1/2 C oil, 2 tsp. pure vanilla, 1 C. boiling water
- Raspberry buttercream filling:1 C fresh raspberries, pureed, 1 C softened butter, 2-3 C powdered sugar, 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract.
- Chocolate Ganache: 1 C bittersweet chocolate or 1 C Milk chocolate chips (or combine a little of both like i did here) 1 C Heavy whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 350' Place two Tender Heart Molds (thats what was used here) or two Medium Round Molds, or any other Flexipan Mold of your choice on Perforated Baking Sheet. Cake: Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and beat for two minutes on med. speed. Then stir in boiling water and melted squares of bittersweet chocolate, till evenly combined. I melt the chocolate in the microwave for approx. 35-50 seconds on 60% Power.
2. This cake batter will be very thin. Pour into Flexipans, remember NO NEED TO GREASE OR FLOUR! Leaving 1/2" from top edge of mold. Bake for 35 mins. If using the Tender Heart Molds, you will have quite a bit of extra batter left over, so you could make a third layer of cake or a batch of mini cakes in the Deep Heart Tray too!
3. While baking prepare Buttercream. Raspberry Buttercream: Puree raspberries in a blender or mini processer, it just takes seconds. Remove seeds by pouring puree through a strainer or use a DAH Silform Deep Round Mold. It works like a charm..Just squeeze and wring the puree into the DAH Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, seeds stay in the Silform!
4. Add the softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. beat until light and fluffy. If you can't find fresh raspberries you can use thawed frozen or fake it by sprinkling Strawberry or Blastin Berry unsweetened Kool Aid into your Buttercream filling until desired taste and color. Its not as good as the real thing though:)
5. After cakes have cooled, simply peel back mold, removing one of the cakes. Place on plate, spoon Raspberry Buttercream on top and spread almost to edge. Remove second cake and place atop the Buttercream layer. In the Demarle Difference Mini Saucepan bring heavy whipping cream to a soft boil, dump in chocolate all at once. Do not stir. Remove pan from heat and let sit 5 minutes. After five mins, using the DAH Whisk, stir until evenly combined and glossy. Carefully spoon or pour over cake, almost to edge or go for it and let it drip over! Share the Love! By Michelene