- 10" unbaked pie pastry
- 6 oz strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 16 oz strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate bar for grating
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place oven rack in center position. Place the Silform® Pie Mold on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. Line mold with pie pastry and bake until golden brown, 35 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stir gelatin into boiled water until dissolved. Add ice water, extract and berries until combined. Refrigerate until gelatin begins to set. In Petite saucepan, heat cream and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly.
3. Remove pie crust from oven and pour melted chocolate in bottom of pie crust allowing to set before adding strawberry mixture. Return entire pie to refrigerate to completely gel. Top with sweetened whipped cream and shaved chocolate.