- 1 package whole Oreos
- 1 cup (16 TB) butter, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 bag (12 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- sea salt (Bolivian Rose or Sel Gris)
1. Place Pie Mold on plate and set aside. Melt 8 TB butter by placing the butter in your Mini or Small Round Mold, covering with the octagonal silpat, and microwaving for about 1 minute. While the butter is melting, crush the whole Oreos in a blender or food processor. Stir crumbs together with the 8 tablespoons melted butter, until well combined.
2. Press in to the bottom and sides of your Pie Mold. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set. Combine brown sugar and remaining 8 TB butter in small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, for one minute. Remove from heat.
3. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, until smooth. Cool caramel for about 15 minutes. Pour caramel over the Oreo crust, then return to freezer for 30-45 minutes until just chilled and set. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream to a boil. Turn off the heat then pour in the chocolate chips.
4. Swish the heavy whipping cream to cover the chocolate chips. Let sit, unheated, for 5 minutes. Then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate over the caramel. Freeze for a final 30 minutes, or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle the top with Bolivian Rose or Sel Gris Sea Salt. (Serve chilled)