- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- butter glaze-1/3 cup butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 TBL water, 2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Place all the cake ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then increase the speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
3. Pour the batter into the Flexipan Bundt Mold and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. When the cake is done make the glaze according to our "Butter Glaze" recipe
4. Cool the cake in the mold, then flip the cake onto a plate. Poke holes all over the cake using a knife and pour the glaze (see below) evenly on the cake.
5. Making the cake a day in advance may add moisture and flavor.
For Butter Glaze Recipe: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.