- One 3-ounce package lime flavored gelatin
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup of Demarle at Home Tahitian Lime oil and 3/4 cup vegetable oil (OR 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Lime zest-1 Tablespoon
- Lime Syrup: 1/2 cup key lime juice (from about 25 small key limes or 4 large regular limes) + 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Glaze: 1/2 cup lime juice, 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, mix the gelatin, granulated sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to mix well. Add the oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla, eggs and zest. Mix until well combined. Pour the batter evenly into a Flexipan Fluted Bundt Mold and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Test for doneness by lightly touching the tops or inserting a toothpick. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
For the lime syrup: While the cake is still hot, mix the lime juice and confectioners' sugar together well. Pierce the cake with a fork to allow the glaze to soakin better and pour it over the cake on the cooling rack. Allow cake to cool completely as you prepare the icing.
For the Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup of lime juice and confectioner's sugar. Pour over cake when cooled.