- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- zest from one large lemon
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1. Set the Tender Heart mold on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixure and set aside.
2. . In a seperate mixing bowl, combine the egg, milk, and oil. (note - if you don't have the lemon oil, use same amount of cookig oil and add 1 TBSP juice from lemon. Make sure to zest it first). Add wet mixture to dry and mix just until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
3. Using the Petit Grater, zest the peel of one lemon into the batter. Fold in the lemon zest. Spoon the batter into the mold and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove form oven and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the raspberry sauce as follows: Thaw berries if frozen. Do not drain. Place berries in a food processor and process until smooth. Place berries in a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. There should be 1 cup of puree remaining. In a sauce pan, place the puree, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat till thick and bubbly. Continue cooking for several minutes more and then remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature as it will continue to thicken. Pour over lemon bread and serve. (Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book)