- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries for decoration
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz non-fat lemon yogurt
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 4 tsp lemon juice
1. In a large bowl mix at medium speed, sugar, butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
2. In a smaller bowl measure the 3 cups of flour. Place blueberries in separate bowl. Remove 3 Tbsp. of flour and sprinkle over blueberries, toss gently to coat berries and set aside.
3. Add to the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture alternating with the yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Be careful not to over mix. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour batter into Flexipan mold of your choice, I used the Bavarian Mold.
4. Tap pan to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake and unmold. If using Bavarian Mold, place 1/2 cup fresh berries on top of cake. Open can of vanilla frosting, warm in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir in lemon juice, mix well and pour over berries and cake.