- 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 Tablespoons molasses, 1/4 cup DAH Blood Orange Olive Oil Blend, 2 large eggs, 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tsp. orange zest, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3/4 cup low fat milk, 2 1/2 tsp DAH Spiced Apple Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2-1/2 cup of pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375' Place Demarle at Home Flexipan Straight Muffin Tray on perforated baking sheet. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, salt and spices. Make your "spiced apple pear buttermilk" by adding the 2 1/2 tsp of the DAH Spiced Apple Pear Balsamic Vinegar to the 3/4 cup milk. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
2. Zest 1 tsp of an orange with the DAH Le Petit Grater. In the DAH Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine the DAH Blood Orange Olive Oil Blend, sugar, orange zest, molasses, and one of the eggs, Whisk together well. Add the second egg and whisk again. Then add the pumpkin and vanilla, mix well.
3. In two batches, stir in the flour mixture alternating with the " spiced apple pear buttermilk" until just combined. Fill each muffin well, 3/4 full. Remember...no need to grease Demarle at Home Flexipan products!
4. Sprinkle the pecans pieces right in the very top center of each muffin. Bake for 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in Flexipan for approx. 10-15 mins. Pop right out and enjoy!