- 1/2 cup crushed pecans, finely crushed
- 3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch curly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups whole grape tomatoes
- 1 lb mini mozzarella balls in water, halved
- 1 small sweet onion quarter, thinly shaved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place oven rack in center position. Place Silpat® on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. Place Flexipan Texas Muffin Tray upside down on separate Perforated Baking Sheet.
2. Form 3 large Parmesan circles onto Silpat. Top with 1/2 the crushed pecans. Place in oven and watch carefully. When edges begin to turn golden, remove from oven and let cool just until you can lift with Polyamide Spatula and transfer to Muffin Tray shapes. Squeeze gently to form a basket shape and let cool. Repeat process for 6 baskets.
3. In Mixing Bowl, combine parsley, tomatoes, mozzarella and shaved onion. Lightly season with olive oil and place into Parmesan Baskets.
4. Once plated, top with sea salt, pepper and a touch of balsamic vinegar.