- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes or mint candies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, sift together sugar and cornstarch. Sift 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each well of Flexipan Waffle Tray, tilting to coat sides. Leave any excess in bowl and set aside.
2. In Mixing Bowl, add water and sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften for 5 minutes. Using Medium Saucepan, heat sugar, corn syrup, candy cane pieces and salt over medium heat for about 7 minutes until sugar and candy are dissolved, stirring occasionally. Strain into bowl with gelatin.
3. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 10-15 minutes. Spread into Flexipan Waffle Tray and smooth tops. Dust with 2 tablespoons of sugar/cornstarch mixtures. Let set at room temperature for 2 hours.
4. Begin to unmold. If it does not unmold easily, place in freezer for 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Unmold and cut into strips then into squares. Toss marshmallows in sugar/cornstarch mixture and set on a pan to set an additional hour. Store covered at room temperature.