- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 small leeks, white and pale green parts only, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoons Fresh Dill & Lemon Herb Blend
1. In Saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the leek and stir to coat with butter, cover and cook, stirring occasionally until leek is soft, about 10 minutes. Add the potato and season with salt and pepper. Add broth and water. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cover, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until potatoes are completely tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a food processor or blender, puree the soup until completely smooth. Return to the saucepan and stir in the cream and dill. Reheat gently. Taste and adjust the seasonings.