- 1 cup long grain rice or basmati
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, found in the asian section
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 oz bag baby spinach, chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In Large Round Mold, add rice and 2 cups water and cook in microwave with Octagonal Silpat as cover for 17-20 minutes, stirring after the first 10 minutes. Place Silpat on Perforated Baking Sheet and spread asparagus on top sprinkling with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. While rice and asparagus are cooking heat oil, curry paste, soy sauce and sugar until fragrant in Saute Pan, about 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook, crumbling meat with spoon, until cooked through about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut milk and return mixture to a simmer. Stir in scallions and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in lime juice, zest and basil. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with peanuts.