- 200g all-purpose flour (1.5 cups)
- 85g light brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 50g pecans
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick + 1 tbsp unsalted butter, large dice (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp)
- 150g light brown sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (3/4 stick)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 90 g beaten egg (1 1/2 eggs)
- 350 g pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 2. Spread 400g of pecans on Flexipat and toast in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Stir nuts after about 2 and 4 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a bowl. Chop coarsely when cooled. Place Demarle Flexiflat on perforated baking sheet
2. Place flour, brown sugar, pecans, salt, and baking powder in food processor. Using 1 second pulses, process until mixture is finely chopped and well blended. Add butter and repeat 1 second pulses until mixture has texture of sand (about 10 pulses) Spread mixture into Flexiflat evenly and then press down using bottom of a glass or fingertips. Bake about 15-20 minutes until edges start to brown and center bounces back when pressed.
3. While crust bakes, make filling. Whisk sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended add egg and whisk until well blended.
4. When crust is done, remove from oven and evenly pour filling over crust. Spread remaining toasted and chopped nuts over mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes until top is nicely browned.