- 1 box puff pastry, defrosted, see note
- 2 -3 large apples, peeled, cored and very thinly sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour1/4 cup flour
- Freshly ground nutmeg to taste.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans if desired.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.Place Large Silpat on Perforated Baking Sheet. No need to grease, spray or line with parchment!! Totally non-stick ~ YAY!Lay out both sheets of puff pastry beside each other and press together to make a seam, then seal.
2. Using rolling pin, gently roll dough to ensure equal thickness. Curl up sides to form a 1 inch wall. Slice apples and toss with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add sugar, cinnamon, flour, nutmeg and toss thoroughly.
3. Spread apple mixture evenly across puff pastry. Drizzle with Caramel Ice Cream Topping and nuts. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until edges are golden.
4. Important to gently lift one corner with your spatula to make sure the bottom is golden as well. Easily slip entire galette onto your cutting board (you will LOVE how nothing sticks to SILPAT) and using your kitchen shears or pizza wheel, divide into serving portions.
5. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. NOTE: Best to defrost puff pastry in fridge overnight but in a pinch, defrost at room temperature for a least 2 hours before handling.