- 1 pie crust dough
- 1/2 onion
- 3 TBS Spiced Apple Pear Balsamic
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 red apple (such as fuji, braeburn, etc)
- Small wedge of creamy Havarti cheese
1. Place the Tartlet Tray on the Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the pie crust dough and using the 2 1/4" dough cutter from the Every Day Round Cutter set, cut enough circles for each well of the tartlet tray. Place dough over wells and press down with the shaper. Poke gently in each dough cup with a fork two or three times. Bake empty crusts for 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut the onion into long thin slices. In a skillet over medium hight heat, heat the olive oil and then add the onion slices. When the onion slices are caramelized (browned and limp) drizzle the balsamic over the onions and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
3. Cut the apple and cheese into enough one inch squares to fill each well of the tartlet tray. Remove the empty crusts from the oven and fill wth 2-3 onion strips and top with apple square and cheese. Replace tray into oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are slightly golden. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!