- 1 lb ground beef, uncooked
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 16 oz packages sauerkraut
- 1 head of cabbage
1. In Mixing Bowl, combine beef, rice, onion, 1 can tomato sauce and salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In Large Stockpot, begin boiling water. Core the hard part of the cabbage and spear with large fork. Dip into boiling water and slowly peel off leaves when they become soft. Let the leaves boil an additional minute or two until soft. Place on cutting board and cut rib off soft leaves.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place Deep Flexiflat on Perforated Baking Sheet then inserting Flexiflat Frame. Spread one bag of sauerkraut on bottom of Flexiflat. Set aside.
4. Place a spoonful of beef and rice mixture into the soft leaves and begin rolling, folding sides in. Place on top of sauerkraut in Flexiflat. Lightly salt cabbage rolls and layer additional bag of sauerkraut and additional can of tomato sauce on top. Cover with Silpat and bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.