- 2 tablespoons olive oil or grape seed oil (I used the Sweet Basil)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can unseasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce can) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce can) diced tomatoes (I used Original Rotel)
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth (I used our Bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 ounces Morning Star Farms Grillers Crumbles, optional
In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the sweet potatoes and peppers. Stir in the chili powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook the veggies for about 4-5 minutes, stirring every so often.
Add in the black beans, pinto beans, and diced tomatoes. Pour in 3 cups of the vegetable broth and stir in the cocoa powder.