- I lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pints mixed cherry heirloom tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- one large handful of small basil leaves
- several Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup spring lettuce mix (for the base of the salad)
1. Set oven to 350F
2. Wash the lemon well, and then cut it in half lengthwise. Slice it in very thin slices, and remove all the seeds.
3. Toss the slices with the sugar and oil, and then lay them out on a lined baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes, until they are just beginning to char around the edges. Set them aside to cool.
4. Line a large shallow salad bowl with the spring mix lettuce, and then arrange the tomatoes, onion slices, fresh herbs and lemon slices on top. Toss lightly with vinagrette and serve immediately. The salad will not wait!
1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 TBL Lemon Olive Oil Blend, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Whisk.