- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup cubed apple pieces, skin off
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- Chocolate syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place Flexipan Checkerboard Mold on Perforated baking Sheet and set aside.
2. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter. Add the brown sugar and continue mixing. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla, then mix until well blended and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the applesauce. Fold in the apple pieces and 3/4 cup walnuts. Pour batter into mold and bake until just firm to the touch, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let fully cool in the pan, then unmold. Drizzle with warm chocolate syrup and top with remaining walnuts.